Friday, July 19, 2013

The school year is fast approaching

Well I have just returned from my second and final practicum to become a Classical Conversations tutor. This one was for the Foundations class. I am excited but a little overwhelmed. I know I can do all that is required of me, it's just a matter of sitting down to do it. Don't think I don't want to, that's not the case. It's my cub. He does not want me to. Perhaps I should say 'he doesn't care if I get to do it'.


This practicum was a real blessing to me. The speaker, Cheryl, certainly heard God in a lot of what she said. It really ministered to me. She gave great parenting and teaching tips. She even had me thinking of having more kids! Yes, I said it. Can you believe it?! Neither can I. It was fun. I met several ladies that I would've loved to have had the opportunity to get to know better in person but it was not meant for now I guess. Either way I truly enjoyed myself and had such a joy and peace when I left.

Of the classes I'm tutoring; the Essentials class is far more 'meaty'. I really enjoy learning that part of the program. The Foundations is more fun filled. The kids don't even realize they've been tricked into learning when they sing the songs. It's funny but I won't tell. They'll figure it out at just the right time. It is such a blessing to have stumbled upon this program. I really like what in seeing so far.

There are no real family updates. We are still expecting 3 new editions to the family this year. One gender is yet to be determined (the Q's). We suspect she may be carrying twins but we don't know yet. My cub is still a mommy's boy and doesn't let me out of his sight for long. I have to watch who I say that to because people frequently ask 'when are you going to wean him?'. As if the breast milk is whats doing it. I feel like our bond is this strong from bf'ing but I don't want to break our bond I just want to be able to finish this work uninterrupted. Then we can do what you want. Is that too much to ask? Well apparently it is. :)

Well as I study to show myself approved, I find myself enjoying this perhaps a little too much. We'll see how my tune is when I'm 6 weeks into tutoring! If you are interested Classical Conversations I strongly suggest you hop to their website Classicalconversations.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment