Sunday, May 26, 2013

Well school is officially out in the public schools here which of course mean the neighborhood kids are coming over more frequently now. Also the steady barrage of 'can we/they spend the night?'. In sure we will soon be visited by the 'I'm bored's' but I am determined to defeat that this summer and not in the conventional way. I have decided to continue schooling through the summer. I won't be as 'structured' as in the fall but I will keep certain subjects open. I think we will focus on math, spelling ( I plan to do a spelling bee bi-weekly), reading, bible and some kid friendly science experiments. It sounds like a lot but I won't be doing all of it daily as to make time for their summer activities & mine.

Our budget is still tight but through God all has been provided! He never ceases to amaze me. He has made a way for us to continue with Classical Conversations! I am so excited! I find myself channelling my inner frugal now though. I am currently reading 'The Money Saving Mom's Budget' by Crystal Paine. She gives awesome advice. Some I am already following (Dave Ramsey's budget system and monthly menus and such). My garden, which I have discovered may not be large enough for all of us, & my menus show the biggest improvement with regards to money saving. I enjoy the challenge of seeing how much I can save without the household knowing the difference in quality of meals. I have turned to my beloved Pinterest for tips on homemade recipes. If you don't know the wealth of info on there, as I have said before, you are missing out!

Well today's picture is me and my husband in our best cowboy dress for Cowboy Sunday event at our church. Don't judge me for not having my actual cowgirl boots on. I had to throw them away a few months back from overuse. I truly adore cowboy boots!

I may do an update soon as thee is something I just know I'm forgetting to include in my update but I can't pinpoint it. I have a cacophony of children sounds in my background and its a little hard to focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment