Friday, April 5, 2013

Blog Repentance

I have decided to get more focused on the blog lately. So much has happened in my life since I have last logged on (both good and bad) that it should make for pretty interesting topics for a few entries at least.
   My beloved father died on March 20, 2012. I was pregnant at the time and as death often is, it was hard. I am a certified daddy's girl and I just never thought of life without him. It didn't help that I was pregnant AND that the baby was due on his birthday. I do take solace in him knowing that before he died though. I loved him so much and miss him greatly. It was my first real time dealing with death. My grandmother died a few years back but I knew she had lived a full live. My dad, as far as I was concerned, was not supposed to die. He just wasn't. I could go on forever but I wont.
    I had a baby boy, Carson, who is now 6 months old. Time to update the blog photo right? Later. While I was pregnant with C I had so many dreams about how he would look and act, etc. It was right on point. Often times he looks like my dad, which is quite eerie and comforting at the same time. We just love having this 'little' man around and he loves being doted on so it all works out. I an still exclusively breastfeeding which is good for me because with the other kids I had already started supplementing (mainly because I had returned to work but I am not working now so no need to). It seems that this child it so different from the others. I almost felt like a first time mom again. I had to ask questions to some of the simplest things when he was a newborn. We have gotten int a routine of sorts now so things are better. I am still homeschooling the kids. We are to start Classical Conversations this fall. If you have never heard of it their site Classicalconversations.com is awesome. Feel free to ask me questions but be forewarned, I am new to it. I have been interested in, and intimidated by, the classical method of education for some time now. I just didn't know all that I needed to know to be comfortable with using it. I think this will transition us into it nicely. We are all excited.
 I also have a bit of news that may throw some of you for a loop ( it did me). I have started acting. I know, I know 'where did that come from' right? I asked the same question.Through a suggestion from my brother's, now ex, girlfriend, I auditioned for and got the part in a play. It's local community theater but were traveling to another venue the following week. It's a bit exciting and a bit scary. I have never had any desire to act but its fun and as long as it does not take over my duties an wife and mom it can stay. Beyond that and it's gone. More on it later. I am getting better at running the household more efficiently. I have put together a menu for the entire month!! That was a short term goal of mine! I will post it and the sources later. If you have not discovered Pinterest by now do so! I highly the recommend it. Now know this- it is highly addictive. It has certainly helped with my mission to get better organized.
Oh, for the record I have not only kept the weight off I spoke of previously but since having the baby and exclusively breast feeding I have dropped more weight. I am 15lbs less than I was before I got pregnant! Awesome eh?!
There I have given you a brief update. I will go into details later. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment