Sunday, April 7, 2013

Building memories

Well it has only taken my husband 13 years but it looks like I may be submitting to country ways after all. Last night we enjoyed a lovely bonfire with some friends and as is customary for country people, I hear, we met more people. It was very nice. The kids had an awesome time which was an added bonus. Even the baby was quite tolerant, which was great seeing how sleepy he was. I think by the time we got home and settled down in bed it was about 11:30p. He likes to be in bed somewhere around 7p, yikes! It's ok though he made me pay dearly for it by giving me as little sleep as possible.
We went to church today and went for a long leisurely boat ride with a few more friends. I even got to drive the boat for a while! It was a bit chilly on the water but with my main man there blocking the wind it was comfortable. I told them when it gets hotter I would live to go again, and it WILL get hotter. We grilled sausages, relaxed and just enjoyed each others company. It was very nice!
I recapped all of that to point out Gods gifts of great friends and awesome memories with them as well. I know we will have many more times of smiles and laughter. I'm so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment